Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oven Roasted Broccoli

Have you tried oven roasting your broccoli???
YUMMMMY!!!

Most people steam broccoli, I do believe...but oven roasting gives it a totally different dimension!
Kind of a nutty flavor, and it is soooooo good!

I just used about a Tablespoon or so of OLIVE OIL
Tossed all of my florets in a bowl with the olive oil.
I added..
Salt, pepper, two fresh cloves of garlic, and some Parmesan cheese.

It is all to taste, so you kind of have to go by your own tastes...
Then I laid it out in a glass cake pan.
Baked it at 350, for about 10-12 minutes.

It was really good...and still a little crisp.
If you don't like it that way, you could just leave it in a little longer.

It was nice, because after prep...you just throw it in the oven and forget it until the timer goes off...rather then being on the stovetop whistling away at you.

Really a nice change of pace if you haven't tried it!
Raelyn

1 comment: